Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

D&D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Electron, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electron

Electron Server Operator: TTT2 Server Operator

Credits:
    ¢92.00
    So @Comic and I are thinking about hosting D&D with people from [ag] once or twice a week.
    We are looking for 3-6 players (Even if more than 6 are interested you can still pm me). We will both be DMs as I am still learning, and he is rather experienced.

Things you need:
    • Dedication - You should show up every week.
    • Discord - Easy to use and just very simple.
    Other things:
    We will be voting on a day and time we meet (Comic and I live within the eastern stand timezone,) and if you have something coming up, as long as everyone is in agreement, we can change the scheduled occasionally. I.e, if your best friend has a wedding on the day we are supposed to play, we can change it up so you can do both. The campaign is planned to be 3-4 weeks, and if this goes down well, we can have a new campaign with either the same or new characters. Comment and add me if interested.

@Comic wrote this
    I'd like to say to anybody who has never played before it will be beginner friendly for you!
    We don't at all mind having to explain rules or walk you through things, as it's all part of the job.

And if you have never played before and think you won't like it, I can assure you it is truly a game for everyone.

Think about an open world game, such as Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto. People always talk about how you can do anything you want. A famous quote from Todd Howard, lead developer of the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, is "You see that mountain? You can climb that"

However, game engines will always have limitations. You can't truthfully do anything you want. You can't spin a sword around, using the blade as a handle and the handle as a bludgeoning, (a technique known as half-swording).
    You can't slay a horse and use it's corpse as cover from arrow volleys.
    You can't tie a piece of rope to well made, grapple arrow and use it as a makeshift zipline to escape a battle when things start looking grim.

All of these things you can do in D&D, and infinitely more. If you can think it, you can most likely do it.

I'd also think that most of the people here have played RP servers on GMod too. This is kinda like that, but more in depth. You will undoubtedly become attached and invested into your character, having discussions with your 'party' members as them. It truly is a freeing and wholesomely fun experience.

So come on and play with us. You don't have to be a sweaty nerd sitting in your basement like Electron
    (ouch), you just have to be willing to use your imagination and embrace your creativity.

Thanks for reading.

P.S it would be nice if you had a mic.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Mokujin

Mokujin Fuck outta here

Credits:
    ¢241.00
    ive never played D&D but i hear its pretty fun and engaging but i am broke so lol

Comic likes this.
  3. Comic

Comic Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢18.00
    In post now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  4. Electron

Credits:
    ¢92.00
  5. moodybutt

moodybutt Hi, I'm new.

Credits:
    ¢26.00
    well since its noob friendly you can count me in mates

Electron and Comic like this.
  6. GoobNitro

GoobNitro Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Credits:
    ¢725.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubThanksgiving 2016Username Style (Underline)2 Signature ImagesYoutube Video in Signature
    This is awesome! Me and Pops play D&D every 3 weeks and its a blast every time. Do you have a campaign idea yet? Whats the setting? Do we have limitations on skill sets/rolls? Actually ima stop asking questions cause ill be here all day lmao....I really really hope this goes well....let me know if you need any help/ideas......i got about 50 sum D&D books in my basement lol

7. Sky

Sky Casual cringey 14 year old boy Server Admin Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢42.00
    Username Style (Underline)PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    Dang Goob never seen you this hyped about a game in a long while. And I might actually play D&D, my friends have been telling me to download it but I never did.

8. SnoopDoge

SnoopDoge 420 Blaze It Staff Member Server Head Admin Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢56.00
  9. GoobNitro

GoobNitro Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Credits:
    ¢725.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubThanksgiving 2016Username Style (Underline)2 Signature ImagesYoutube Video in Signature
    I told @Cogito and @MrWiggles and both of them, are interested and would like to participate as well. I am also interested and would like to participate providing it works for our schedules.

10. Electron

Credits:
    ¢92.00
    It would be awesome to have you! I'll pm you the discord link on either steam or discord, whichever you accept first.

11. Comic

Comic Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢18.00
    Oh god

@GoobNitro I don't want to disappoint you or anything but Electron and I are pretty beginner DMs.

I'm spooked by your level of experienced to be honest, but it would be great to have you along!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. forget..regret

forget..regret Server Admin: GMOD TTT #2 Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢164.00
    *clears throat* no

13. Electron

Credits:
    ¢92.00
    Oops

14. Electron

Credits:
    ¢92.00
    Nvm

15. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone Nothing to lose, Everything to gain

Credits:
    ¢101.00
    PigeonUsername Style (Bold)Youtube Video in Signature
    Me and a couple guys might hop in on this

16. forget..regret

forget..regret Server Admin: GMOD TTT #2 Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢164.00
    Yo if I get back onto the online realm again I’ll do it tho

17. Electron

Credits:
    ¢92.00
    We are using https://orcpub2.com/ to create our characters, and you MUST use point buy, when getting your stats.

18. Electron

Credits:
    ¢92.00
  19. Mr. Flenagan

Mr. Flenagan Server High Admin Server High Admin Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢182.00
    Sounds gay, so I'd be happy to play

20. Electron

Credits:
    ¢92.00
    We did not expect so many people to want to play, and it gets a little too hectic and the turns get too long with this people. So @ForumStaff please lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.