DCRP DOWNTIME/UPDATE

Discussion in 'Announcement and News' started by Aux, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Aux

Aux Developer /* Developer */ Teamspeak Staff Donor VIP+

Credits:
    ¢188.00
    2 Signature ImagesUsername Style (Bold)
    Aux (DCRP Developer)

So recently @GoobNitro has asked that we Implement Prometheus into GMOD DCRP. @lazyboy900, @Jacob and I will be working hard on this big update for the next couple of days. We are going to have VIP and VIP+. We have 2 Sections for regular DC jobs which will be called Heroes and Villains. AND WE WILL BE RELAUNCHING Custom Classes but with a twist. You will only be able to select from what lazy and I choose from and In further detail that would be PLAYERMODELS, SWEPS, and WEAPONS. Each Custom Class Will Start At $15. You will only be able to purchase TWO SWEPS, TWO WEAPONS, and ONE PLAYERMODEL per Custom Class. If there is a playermodel that is not on the server and you want it on your custom class you will have to pay an extra dollar and it has to be DCRP related (lazy and I will be looking into the playermodel, if lazy or I say it is not DCRP related then it will NOT be put on your Class) VIP will cost $5 and VIP+ will cost $10. If you buy VIP+ you will have access to all the VIP jobs and you will have access to the VIP+ jobs. VIP+ jobs will have the top ten best jobs in games for you to use.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Kermit likes this.
  2. SoBe

SoBe CS:GO TTT Staff and Known Pedobear Staff Member Server Manager Teamspeak Staff VIP+

Credits:
    ¢292.00
    2 Signature ImagesUsername Style (Bold)Christmas 2016Username Style (Underline)Username Style (Italic)
    the different colors trigger me

lazyboy900 likes this.
  3. King Ross

King Ross Grammar makes everything for some. Retired: DCRP Retired: CSGO TTT Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢2,147.00
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Underline)Christmas 2016Username Style (Italic)Youtube Video in Signature
    When DCRP just becomes a scheme to make money :pensive:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017 at 12:10 AM
  4. Farid

Farid The devil was once an angel. Artist Donor

Credits:
    ¢18.50
    Christmas 2016Youtube Video in SignatureThanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016

5. GoobNitro

GoobNitro Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Credits:
    ¢485.00
    Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Underline)2 Signature ImagesYoutube Video in SignatureHalloween 2016
    It's not a scheme to make money....its the exact same system that is and has been currently in place with the only difference being that its now through Prometheus. I dont know why you talk so much shit since you resigned but man its getting old quick....

Mr. Richard Cranium likes this.
  6. SoBe

SoBe CS:GO TTT Staff and Known Pedobear Staff Member Server Manager Teamspeak Staff VIP+

Credits:
    ¢292.00
    2 Signature ImagesUsername Style (Bold)Christmas 2016Username Style (Underline)Username Style (Italic)
    OOOOO get told son!

7. QuitTrying

QuitTrying Stand up for others who need it Staff Member Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢675.34
    Custom Title ChangeYoutube Video in SignatureChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    Lowkey price of custom class is way to much, IMO

8. King Ross

King Ross Grammar makes everything for some. Retired: DCRP Retired: CSGO TTT Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢2,147.00
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Underline)Christmas 2016Username Style (Italic)Youtube Video in Signature
    Goob 3 months ago "Get rid of custom classes it doesn't have anything to do with dc rp" Ross "Ok". Gets rid of custom classes. No donations ever since. Goob notices bam custom classes back in with no reason. That sounds like a money scheme to me.

9. Dogeeeee

Dogeeeee Server Admin: Jailbreak Staff Member Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢154.10
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    Well see, maybe he got complaints about not having custom classes. Also it costs him money to run the server so of course he wants money.
    Everyone needs money in this world, and if you say that's "greed" then take a big glance at the world and the you'll see that's no where near greed.
    Agian, the guy needs money. Everyone needs money. I'd also like to remind you that they have to download the player model and are in risk of virus. Also it takes up space on the server.

Sorry if this reply seemed "hateful" but i'd like to clear things up.

lazyboy900 likes this.
  10. Survivor

Survivor Survivor Legend Retired: General Manager Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢342.00
    Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    Fairly certain it was because custom jobs were a cluster fuck and people cough cough would keep breaking the server when adding them. Plus we said let's just do prom so it will be automatic but then I died and it never happened until now. (Main reason I gave for cancelling more job being made)

Highly certain goob would also ask me before telling you to remove custom jobs due to them not having a place in the game, like 80% of rp servers have them.

But then again goob may have just sorta done that because well goobie is a goobie

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017 at 2:25 PM
    Jacob and Dogeeeee like this.
  11. GoobNitro

GoobNitro Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Credits:
    ¢485.00
    Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Underline)2 Signature ImagesYoutube Video in SignatureHalloween 2016
    King Ross is your head really that far up your ass? We removed custom classes because they were fucking the server. There was no limitation to what people could have or put on a custom class, and meta would make any swep anyone could think of and create it/add it to a custom class. There was no control over the custom classes that were made. As a result multiple people had overpowered classes and sweps and it made the game mode extremely unbalanced and unfair because people would only play a select handful of classes. The problem with all this, is that the custom classes were a permanent donation. This means that we couldn't just remove them from the server because people donated under the assumption that their class would be there forever. Because of this it made it very difficult to balance out the server and make it fair for all the players. This is why we removed custom classes from the server. It had nothing to do with the money and it had nothing to do with the donations the server brought in. This had everything to do with a fucked up system and an attempt to make it better. We removed the custom classes as a donate-able perk because we knew the current system in place was set up poorly and leaving custom class donations open while we tried to change it would have been a nightmare. With Prometheus we are able to set a pre-configured list of sweps, models, and classes that users can choose from to make a custom class out of a pre-determined list set by us rather than letting players pick anything they want. This allows us to filter in and out overpowered/under-powered sweps when needed and prevents from any custom class from being overpowered.

Mr. Richard Cranium and Survivor like this.
  12. King Ross

Credits:
    ¢2,147.00
    Than first why didn't you ask me to fix them when I offered to fix it instead of removing it. Also how would you know that it was fucking up the server if you never were on it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. King Ross

Credits:
    ¢2,147.00
    lick your cat