1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. LADIES N' GENTLEMEN OUR LONG AWAITED DONATION SYSTEM HAS FINALLY BEEN UPGRADED - CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Unsolved Disc Scratch

Discussion in 'F1 Squad' started by RandomGamer, Jan 29, 2018.

1. RandomGamer

RandomGamer ur fat kiddo Server Admin Server Operator

Credits:
    ¢34.10
    Youtube Video in SignatureUsername Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    So I recently bought a copy of Black Ops 2 for my Xbox 360. I just looked at it however, and I found a little scratch that made the game unplayable. Help would be much appreciated!

2. MelonsRule

MelonsRule The one and only Staff Member Server Manager Server Admin Donor

Credits:
    ¢432.00
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    Your best bet would be to either try applying toothpaste/disc cleaner on the place it is scratched and cleaning it, or for better results, get Brasso metal polish and apply it. Both should show some improvement and perhaps make the game playable again.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  3. Strekki

Strekki Old Dog New Tricks F1 Squad

Credits:
    ¢1,596.00
    PigeonJacob's Penguin Club
    Melons is right, toothpaste works great as dumb as it sounds. Here's a video link if you don't believe him.

4. RandomGamer

Credits:
    ¢34.10
    Wait, do you have to put he deodorant on, or is that another way to get rid of the scratches?

5. HoboFromtheFuture

HoboFromtheFuture I'm a Hobo

Credits:
    ¢109.98
    Username Style (Italic)Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    I've used the toothpaste method many times, and it does work. I suggest you try it yourself.

6. MelonsRule

Credits:
    ¢432.00
    If you listen closely, he says that the deodorant is a second alternative to filling in the scratches, meaning that the toothpaste itself should be enough to do the job, as both methods serve as ways to "fill in" the scratches. The other two options I mentioned can also be used if it is not successful.

7. Strekki

Credits:
    ¢1,596.00
    How'd it work out for you?

8. D_rules

D_rules Server Operator: GMOD Semi-Custom TTT Server Operator Server Operator

Credits:
    ¢80.00
    Youtube Video in SignatureUsername Style (Underline)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)Pigeon
    go to a video game store that can refurbish discs, its pretty cheap and some places where im at do it for free

9. Strekki

Credits:
    ¢1,596.00
    Also one final thing @RandomGamer, if you can get the disc working I would install the disc to your Xbox 360 in case it gets another scratch on it later. Then it reads the disc a lot easier if I remember correctly.

10. RandomGamer

Credits:
    ¢34.10
    The toothpaste didn't work for me, I think its because I have a very small scratch that is keeping it from reading it. If you have any tips for getting rid of small scratches please message me them, for right know I'm gonna sit. (Also, Can toothpaste ruin discs?)

11. Strekki

Credits:
    ¢1,596.00
    Well pretty much anything ruins discs so its possible, but usually using a cloth or paper towel is what ruins the discs. I remember using coca cola and either toothpaste or peanut butter but I don't remember and I don't wanna recommend it unless I remember exactly. I hope you figure something out, maybe you bought a fake game or something? I would recommend taking it back for an exchange if possible, sorry I couldn't help much. ;/

12. MelonsRule

Credits:
    ¢432.00
  13. Steedzz

Steedzz Server Admin: DC Multiverse RP Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢12.00
    Username Style (Underline)Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    TOOTHPASTE worked for me for COD Ghosts

14. RandomGamer

Credits:
    ¢34.10
    Still not working with toothpaste, idk. I'm gonna try the deodorant and then a game company fixing it.