Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Denied DoubleCaret/Kawaii Demote Request

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Crow 1607, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kawaii

Kawaii I'm a guy Staff Member Server Manager

Credits:
    ¢1,407.00
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)
    alright lets start from the top

Staff 1's points: Not playing on the server, condescending + talking shit to staff, demoting(d_rules) for no reason, accepting snazzah to prove my point

Wildly enough I do not need to play on the server, crazy right? No SM is required to play on their server 24/7 they just have to make sure it's functional and they are up to date with everything going on with the community/with their staff team(which I am) The server is up and it's working, correct? If you experienced me being condescending towards you and/or talking shit to you, you are probably not a good staff member. I have never had this problem with any of the above average staff members (@s4mple @paramommy @Mr. Flenagan @Pingu <fix your name @Kap @Tuff Kitten and @paramommy ) I have all been highly respectful to since they have all together gave me very minimal problems. If you fuck up once I'll give you the cute kind treatment, if it persists past the first time, I have no reason to respect me if you do not respect your own staff position, the way you act on the server or how you conduct yourself in general. I have explained to d_rules multiple times that his demote is temporary which for whatever reason he is stuck on, temporary does not mean forever d_rules. You were demoted for the situation with Ellie continuing when you were on which has been explained multiple times to you in 1 day I am not sure why we are still stuck on this? When you mature up a little bit I will give you back your Admin, as of now since the temp demote you have shown nothing but impatience and immaturity which is something I don't want to see in a staff member on my team. I have also explained multiple times why snazzah was demoted the FIRST time for his extreme immaturity, racism and overall unprofessionalism. Even after explaining why he was demoted multiple times I was still receiving hit from half or more of the staff team for a "wrongful" demote, so when I promote him after his first fuck up and he completely mistreats another person on the server to the point where they have to reach out to the higher ups that's a huge problem. Now people don't need to say that Snazzah was wrongfully demoted since this has happened a whole two times now and we can move on, I have nothing against the kid he is just not a good staff member in his current state.

Staff 2's points: Not good staff, AFK, not getting anything "done", pointshop, not listening to staff opinions, not speaking towards drules or snazzah after their demotes, my friend Jay having superadmin on the server

Can't say much about the first point since its opinionated, if you don't think I'm good staff you're entitled to it. I'm not sure why me being afk on the server is a problem? I usually start AFKing in the AMs to start up the server since no one wants to play on a server with 0 people on it, I leave when the server is above 28 players since the cap is 32 or when I am doing other shit and I need everything on my PC. There is also the fact that when there is no staff members on reports can't be typed out at all since there is "No admins on", when I am afk on the server the staff coming on can answer the reports way better since they aren't going off people's words and they actually have a full report to look at. What else is there to get done on the server? It is a SEMI-VANILLA server, which means very little add-ons to attract players who still want the original TTT experience but want to branch out a tiny bit. Nothing on the server changes the game drastically so casual TTT players or long time players can join and get the same experience. It's also semi vanilla because that is the most popular branch of TTT servers since the load times are very low and people who play GMod don't tend to have super good PC so why would they join servers with 1gb+ download? Pointshop has already been linked to Goob and I do not have access to any funds put into AG so it is not up to me when it will be purchased, which again I have addressed multiple times. Not listening to staff opinions isn't really a big thing? I have been running GMod servers for the past 4 years and all of them have been TTT and all of them have been in the 100's to 500's on gametracker, if anyone knows what to add to a server it's going to be me. Plus most of the staff suggestions are horrible and aim in the complete opposite direction of what position I want the server to be in. I'll list a few of my least favorite below

Double Jump - You get to jump two times which makes you get into places you aren't supposed to be + if you fall you can jump mid air to completely negate all fall damage. There would be no punishment for people who get discombob'd, c4 blasted, newton launcher'd or people who just fall plus you can get into places you aren't supposed to get into in the first place.

Nyan cat gun - Infinite ammo(gross), plays the extremely annoying song whenever anyone shoots it which is REAL fun, plus its a far different gun than anything in the base game or any gun I have added to the server

Literally any type of explosive, but I'll just say the rocket launcher - This punishes players that group up extremely which is a strategy new players use a ton, I don't think anyone would find it fun just exploding after staying in a group in a safe place. We already have multiple options for taking out groups of people which are C4, S.L.A.M's, the base game sniper or the AWP(which is one shot) or the Radio to fake a c4. Why would you need a near instant explosion AOE weapon? Way too powerful with a very low risk and high reward.

Like I said earlier I want to keep the DL time low to increase the player count, every add on that gets added to the server will put it up and with that less people will join. I'm sure you guys like the server not being dead so lets keep it that way boys. I do not have to speak to staff prior to demoting them at all I'm not sure where this is said at all? Snazzah already knew he was dead in the wrong in that situation and I have already spoke to d_rules about his. My friend Jay was the old SM of the server I made on AG before which again I have said multiple times it was brought up. Goob and I believe Pigeon both know about this and have allowed it not sure why this was a point at all.

Staff 3's points: My playtime, being inactive, my point of view, community already having pointshop

I already addressed play time earlier, not going to retype a paragraph. I'm not sure how am inactive? The server is in a good place right now, I check in to see if anything is breaking the server daily and there is 0 problems. My point of view is my point of view, I'm not sure if this is referring to the Ellie situation but I did not need to hear Snazzah side at all after what he did, this wasn't a mistake and there isn't an excuse for it. The community google drive does not have PS2, I don't even know where you pulled this out from but next time make sure you have 100% valid points.

Staff 4's points: Only playing a couple of times, hearing nothing but bad things about me, activeness, being liked on the community

The main reason I don't play on the server anymore is the constant targetting from other members and even my own staff. I get on the server and someone screams my name that I am now playing on the server, I get repeatedly bothered by everyone on the server staff or not and don't forget the constant knives in my back and AWP's to my body. I didn't have a problem playing earlier in the servers development, but for the passed 2-3 months I have not been able to actually have fun playing TTT with this constant target on my back. Any staff member that likes or dislikes me knows this to the full extent, if you guys make the game not fun for me to play, I will not play it. I also said earlier that I do not need to play on the server as SM, I just need to make sure the server is up and running. That sucks that you've heard nothing but bad from me, I have done a lot of good for AG in my years of being in it and I would like to keep that up. If you have any complaints feel free to steam message me(or add me and msg me if you don't have me added). Already addressed activeness multiple times, not going to type about this again. No one in any community is going to be loved by everyone in it, I don't mind the hatred from others but I don't actively look around on AG to be liked. If you personally don't like me then we can sort it out I'm sure.

Staff 5's points: everything is outlined and neat unlike the others so I'll go down his/her/its nice list

I would like to respect my staff and I would like them to respect me back, after making me look like a fool/abusing most of my respect goes out the window for you. If you have any type of problem with me you can message me about it. The ellie situation has already been addressed and so have my reasons behind everything I did. PS2 has been addressed and damage logs do not need to be updated as they still work 100% with no glitches or bugs as they are now. I was planning on rolling this out with PS2 but if you feel the need to complain about something that you do not need I'll make sure to get on that for you. At the meeting I addressed everything I needed from my staff team, I have done everything on my part. If you need anything from me I have said tons of times to contact me on steam ONLY, I do not check forum PMs or any type of app (discord,ts3, etc) enough for it to a main way to contact me. I have steam on my PC and phone, I will get back to you most of the time. The only time the communication was sour was before the meeting and the whole Ellie situation. I was asleep at the time and multiple people tried contacting me can't really do much there. I also addressed earlier I do not need to tell a staff member that they're being demoted.

Staff 6's points: AFK, toxicity

I have already addressed the AFK situation. If you do not like anything I say or I am "toxic" towards you then feel free to talk to me about it. Just because I am server manager doesn't mean I am completely void of all feelings lmfao

Everything else:

I am not sure why staff are scared to lose their ranks over this? The only way a staff member loses their rank is from breaking server rules or abusing, AG is not a communist community you are free to post and have opinions as long as its in our rules(so no racism you edgy kids). I have already addressed PS, "inactivity" and damage logs. The ban lag I have never experienced on any server I have ever ran and this current server is a carbon copy from the old AG server so I am not sure how to approach that. If I knew how to fix it I would, trust me I don't like the server lagging as much as anyone else. The ban comments are all extremely old, from the start of the server to the staff meeting where this exact issue was addressed and since this most staff members have been keeping up with it not sure why this was brought up. I don't need to hold staff meetings as that isn't a requirement, they are nice to have from time to time but what is going to be said in each that hasn't been said it others? In this coming up staff meeting I'm going to address most of the staff issues on the server and that's about it. Everything else has been covered or I already expect it from the staff members. I'm not sure how communication is in this since I get back to most of the people to message me, if you don't get through to me for whatever reason feel free to contact any other higher up to get in contact with me or they can resolve it themselves. The staff list was at a request was asked by many people in the discord, very weird how you left that out.

and finally I'll address anything people have said in this thread

My friend was an old SM of AG, he isn't some random that got SA because he just happens to be my friend. Higher ups also know and allow this.

I do have access to FTP/NFO. There was a very short time where I didn't because everyone needs AG related emails but that is about it

I actually forgot to address this in my post lmao. A lot of people think I afk on the server to fake my activeness but if I did that I would afk with my name on steam which is "DoubleCaret" so all the time would go to that name. You can see that every hour and point on my actual name is legit, I put my name to afk so people know that I am afk(shocking, right?). I have also always been top 10 players on the server as I do enjoy the gamemode, a lot of people do ruin it for me though. I addressed most of 2 but thanks for the opinion and backup, I can see why people are mad for me not adding it but it's not up to me. 3 has also been talked about, I am probably one of the most blunt SM's in AG and I don't hide behind anything. If you ever take offense to anything I said/anything I have done to anyone feel free to message me about it.

I personally like pointshop but I don't have the funds for it since I am not the owner of the community, also addressed this earlier. I know all the advantages of having a ps and I already have donation perks lined up for when its out, idk why people think I don't want PS2.

I am not too sure why you are posting here, if you think I have done nothing for the server why is it still alive and prospering everyday? Make sure you get words from the source and not from rumors. the payday2 thing was a joke lighten up just a tiny bit there buddy.

I think I hit most of the points, feel free to comment anything further about me and I'll respond.

compadre and Dalton like this.
  2. Kap

Kap Server Admin: GMOD TTT #2 Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢144.00
    Username Style (Italic)
    I personally don't give a fuck. I'm only here because I love the GMOD TTT Community (I can only hope they like me back), even if it is the most artistic of all the AG Servers. You are definitely right, we aren't Browntown, we aren't even fucking close. I love debate, and I was going to be an economics major, so let's see how well I can portray my side.
    1: Scarcity: There are less and less servers that are Vanilla/Semi-Vanilla, every server wants to be #1 by copying #1.
    2: Demand: Scarcity and endless wants leads to demand. The demand of Vanilla/Semi-Vanilla servers go up as more and more servers put in Pointshop/DLC
    3: Assets & Liabilities: There must be equal in both Assets and Liabilities. Every single player on the server right now is labeled a "Liability." not because they are bad or anything, it's because they are investing time into our server. We have to give them equal in assets, in this case would be labeled their personal enjoyment. If the server is bringing back players and getting new players, why should it change?
    (I'll edit this since the sm posted reply)

ItsJerry! likes this.
  3. Kawaii

Credits:
    ¢1,407.00
    I got a few spelling/grammar errors but you get the gist of it I'm sure. If you need me to clarify anything I'll do that too oops mb

4. Snazzah

Snazzah Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢94.00
    PigeonJacob's Penguin Club
    I'm pretty sure lazyboy said he has PointShop idk. Also didn't address updating damagelogs. Oh you did talk about it.
    I don't get why you don't really want to update it since you can check how many slays a person has (which has been asked alot afaik) and the other stuff it has. I don't think out would be so fragile to break so easily

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  5. Deathlockdestro

Deathlockdestro Hi, I'm new.

Credits:
    ¢160.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon

Demote Reasons:

1. AFK
    You are the same way, you have been AFK for months without being demoted.

You are more afk then DoubleCaret is, he afk's and does other stuff because he works, and he isn't supposed to be on 24/7, but he is. Whenever you need him most of the time he has his phone with him and he'll give you an answer unless you constantly annoy him. He also works, he has other stuff to do he isn't required to play and has the ability to play other games, all he has to do is resolve server problems (which he does).

2. Laziness
    He isn't lazy, in-fact whenever you need him he is there, he doesn't take weekends without letting someone know, and when you play Gmod for as long as he does, he would love to play other games and not get bitched at for doing so. He solves all problems on the server that need his approval/supervision. Examples:

Sons of Anarchy: When Anarchy resigned on forums from AG TTT no one was able to get on besides Crow so he was banned, he gave the
    "go-head" by DoubleCaret/S4mple.

Snazzah/D_rules Situation: At the time, Snazzah was arguing with a individual named Ellie, it resulted to yelling and insults being thrown. (Not a very good way for someone to be treated by an operator who is representing the server) As far as I have heard he isn't required to warn them that they are being demoted, Snazzah knew what he did was wrong and didn't fight it. D_rules was demoted for no handling the situation when he was on.

He doesn't have to everything by himself which is why he has a list of staff positions to help him, and those staff can ask him for his opinion at any time, they never have.

3. Staff Trust/Disrespect also the list of staff
    The way I see it is, he is 1. Allowed his own opinion and 2. He is allowed to say whatever he wants to staff, he doesn't go off of rants on the server about how autistic his Staff Members are and if the staff members weren't braindead then they wouldn't be talked to in the way they are, Double doesn't hate people for no reason. And he doesn't trust lower staff because many have abused powers aka Raizex (no offense your better now), you too Crow have abused your powers several times, Yamakaze, Alpha Lemon, and Lord Gaben. Just some of them.

4. Pointshop/DamageLogs/BanLag/BanReasons
    Kap was wrong saying he doesn't have F2P, Damage Logs works fine with the server. He doesn't have access to PS2 (Pointshop) and is waiting on Goob's greenlight because AG does not currently own it. Honestly if you expect him to ban them for an actual reason, you are retarded. He has to deal with multiple people like this every day, back when I first joined during the summer he dealt with 20+ people a day that were mass rdming and just generally being assholes, obviously joined just to be assholes so why give them respect when all they do is come on and spam ni**er/mass rdm.

5. Staff Meetings/Miscommunication
    He isn't required to do anything for staff meetings its not his job, and we are going to have one in a couple of days, and the last staff meeting was last month? That was the time they blacklisted noize, if you need a refresher. There was no miscommunication between P2/Double/Ellie/Snazzah/D_rules/etc. they were all demoted for a reason.

As for the 2 of the staff that made comments towards the demote request. I know D_rules and Snazzah both commented, you both only made a complaint based on the fact that you were demoted last week, Snazzah was demoted twice but you guys didn't get it the first time, D_rules was demoted for no handling the situation.

6. ~Ellie~

~Ellie~ Queen Bitch Staff Member Server Manager Server Admin Server Operator

Credits:
    ¢696.00
    PigeonChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    I understand why some of the staff feel Kawaii isn’t a good SM but I’m sure very few people here know what goes into being SM.

It’s all behind closed doors, away from actual gameplay. It’s making sure the server is running and that it’s thriving, which it is. I’ve been playing in AG TTT servers for 3+ years including before the change over. The server in its current state is probably the most popular I’ve seen it (when I first became staff on the old server it was around the same popularity but died out).

Kawaii hasn’t done anything wrong as an SM. Sure, some situations could have been handled better or differently but people live and learn. This exact thing happened before with an old SM and I stuck by him too. Unless something is seriously wrong with the server I don’t think an SM should be demoted.

I will say I don’t agree with meetings not being important/needed. I personally think meetings are very crucial with any staff team. At my work we have monthly meetings even if there isn’t anything obvious that needs to be addressed. It’s one of the only times that the whole team (with a few exceptions) can all be in the same room and talk to each other. Someone always has a concern and they maybe wouldn’t have an opportunity to voice their concerns without a meeting. I know how frustrating it can be. Rumours get started, miscommunication causes misunderstandings and it happens too often for meetings not to be held at least once every two or three months where possible.

I understand I’ve only just come back but I hope I’m respected enough for my opinion to be accepted here. I have over 5 years of staff experience on TTT servers and have seen issues like this many times. I love AG, I love TTT, but I’m 23 and life got in the way and I had to retire which I do regret. Please know I have only the best intentions for the server and I do believe Kawaii is doing a fine job.

I hope you all give Kawaii more slack and understand it’s very easy to sit and critique when you don’t see what he does behind the server. With the upcoming meeting I do hope the issues get addressed and resolved if they haven’t already in Kawaii’s post on this thread.

Best wishes,

Ellie
    :heart:

P.s. an afterthought - when someone is demoted i also think there should be an obligation for them to be told why or be spoken to about it, even if it’s though a PM on the forums. I just think it’s the polite thing to do but understand it isn’t a rule as such.

A55M0nkey671 likes this.
  7. Scop

Scop Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢28.00
    See, if you were ever a SM you would realize the things they have to do so. He has to be on forums/teamspeak to talk to s4mple and teach other staff how to do their jobs and address problems. A SM has to do a lot of things, I feel playtime shouldn't be a required one.
    It would be nice however if you would atleast get on a little bit @Kawaii , (because your setting a bad example for other people)

8. A55M0nkey671

A55M0nkey671 I am the real PRO GENJI Server Operator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢66.00
    Username Style (Bold)Jacob's Penguin Club
    what he said

9. compadre

compadre yes

Credits:
    ¢56.00
    -1 He knows what he's doing, this isn't the first server he's managed a server and I know this because I was there the all the other times he managed servers, I first played on the server a bit after it was made and also managed the one before it, I know how it is to be in this position and there's a whole lot of stuff he has to check and do all the time, which he always does.

Just because I have the power to do something stupid doesn't mean it's something I will do, I've been in this community for about 4 years now and I respect it enough not to abuse my powers and help out on the server whenever I'm needed to, which is why I have the rank in the first place, Newer players may not know me but older staff know me and know everything I've done with the old GMOD TTT servers to assist as much as I could at the time. This "issue" has been addressed MANY times already and like he said the higher ups know about this already and I still have the rank which therefore means it is not a problem. I've noticed this is only ever mentioned to make him sound like a bad guy abusing his SM rank, meanwhile all I've really done is the normal slaying, banning, gagging, muting, just like any other staff, then back when I needed to I would change peoples tags if they asked me to, encouraged players to join the forums and even some people to apply for staff, gave people their ranks when they joined the forums or were promoted, etc. If me using my powers like this is in anyway an issue or a problem in your eyes, please add me on steam and message me here http://steamcommunity.com/id/pleading , I'd love to talk about it all.

10. Hois

Hois Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢38.00
    +1
    I feel like a server manager should actually ya know, manage the server. His personality is pretty toxic too. Doesn't seem like he wants the server to prosper.

11. A55M0nkey671

A55M0nkey671 I am the real PRO GENJI Server Operator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢66.00
    Username Style (Bold)Jacob's Penguin Club
    Cmon, Kawaii isn't a dumbass. Sure he gave someone Super Admin, who cares? That just tells us that Kawaii Trusts this person enough to give them power on the server. Plus hes the server manager, he has the right to give super admin to whoever he wants.
    And for the pointshop, Who the fuck cares. The server is doing well without it, why would we add something that might possibly kill the server, like Jailbreak and CSGO TTT with all the updates and shit. why change the server when its doing so well?

12. s4mple

s4mple Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator Server Head Admin

Credits:
    ¢225.00
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)Christmas 2016
    But he does manage the server... (notice how it is still up and running)
    I hope you know that playing on the server =/= managing the server and, as Ellie said, that managing the server is done behind closed doors. Not sure why you think this, but I'm led to believe that you didn't read Double's (or anyone who knows what they are talking about's) response and blindly made a post.

Also, I guess while I'm here, I'll leave my -1.
    Just about every reason he should be demoted has been shot down, and there's really nothing left for me to add.

13. HoboFromtheFuture

HoboFromtheFuture I'm a Hobo Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢179.00
    Username Style (Italic)Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    I'm not sure why people think that just because a server is still up and running that someone is actively managing it. I don't understand why people keep making that comparison.

Mr. Richard Cranium likes this.
  14. s4mple

Credits:
    ¢225.00
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)Christmas 2016
    Well if there's a problem on the server, and the server manager isn't doing anything to fix it, wouldn't that mean the server isn't working anymore since the problem isn't being fixed?

15. HoboFromtheFuture

Credits:
    ¢179.00
    Well it really depends on severity of the problem and how easily/quickly it is solved. Also, how could there be any problems if nothing is ever added/removed/changed? He said himself that it was a carbon copy of the old TTT server.

16. s4mple

Credits:
    ¢225.00
    Well if there is nothing that needs to be changed and there are no problems, what is there left for him to do?

Kawaii likes this.
  17. HoboFromtheFuture

Credits:
    ¢179.00
    Then what's the point of a server manager? IF there is nothing to do, shouldn't he play more of the game instead of "managing" the server? I'm sorry if I come across rude here, but what exactly do you do for the server Kawaii? I am genuinely curious.

18. Kawaii

Credits:
    ¢1,407.00
    If anything breaks over the game mode updating or gmod updating I fix it, as of now the only 2 things I need to do is damagelogs(which isn't needed) and add ps2 when its around. What is the point of you being admin if you don't do any administrative duties for a while since no one is griefing/trolling/breaking rules? What I did for the server was make it, make sure everything works and fix it when it's needed.

Kap and s4mple like this.
  19. HoboFromtheFuture

Credits:
    ¢179.00
    Then why don't you do it?
    1. Damage logs are free and all you do is click, drag and drop. Point shop I heard we already have it.
    2. I am still an Admin because people still do grief/troll/break the rules every time I'm on. Being an Admin is way different than being a SM.
    3. None of us are talking about what you did for the server when it was started, we are talking about what you do or don't do now. If we were talking about then, this thread probably wouldn't even exist.

This is probably the last time I'm replying to this thread because I've lost interest in the subject and it doesn't affect me either way. Have a good night and don't take any of this personally.

20. Webster

Webster Forum Bum Staff Member /* Developer */ Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢383.00
    Christmas 2016
    -1. Super Hot has been doing this a few months and has gotten pretty good at it.

Kawaii likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.