Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Announcement and News' started by The Game, Nov 24, 2016.

1. The Game

The Game Rise Above [AGOD]

Credits:
    ¢8.00
    Happy Thanksgiving to our whole family here at Allied-Gaming.

Allied-Gaming community! How's everyone doing today? Today is a great day, nothing reminds you more how much family means to you. I am very proud of everyone in this community and the direction this community is going to be sure we are providing great servers for everyone to participate in. I'm thankful for the fact that we have a great team of staff members who work hard to provide fun servers, and I'm thankful for the fact that our members continue to support and be apart of our wonderful family.

Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday because it gives you time to reflect but it also reminds you that the end of the year is almost here. How should our community end the year of 2016? And how should our community start the year of 2017? I have an action item for everyone that sees this post.. what do you want to see done from this community before the year ends? What should we focus on in 2017. Changes will help our community grow but WE need YOUR help. Reply back to this post and let the higher staff know what YOU want to see happen.

Enjoy your time with your families, thank you for everyone's effort, support, and continued activity in our community. Eat a wonderful thanksgiving dinner and if you don't have anyone to share thanksgiving with know that you have a community filled with family members right here waiting for you in teamspeak, our servers, and our forums.

Until next time,
    The Game

2. ~Ellie~

~Ellie~ Queen Bitch Staff Member Forum Moderator Teamspeak Staff Donor

Credits:
    ¢380.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    My dog has been rushed into a veterinary hospital tonight so I'm not feeling too thankful right now. I'm just praying she pulls through and makes a swift recovery. Sorry for the depressing post I'm just a bit lost rn. But I am thankful that I have her in my life.

Hope everyone has an amazing day. <3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. dredgie456

dredgie456 Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢10.00
    Happy murdering the natives day to all you Americans. Maybe some form of a competition to end the year one for gmod one for csgo IDK just a idea.

4. PantherDaPro

PantherDaPro Professional Cool Guy Retired: Jailbreak #CS

Credits:
    ¢0.00
    Thanksgiving 20162 Signature ImagesHalloween 2016
    Amazing post, like always The Game. Glad to see you back, hope you decide to stay for a while.

@~Ellie~ Sorry to hear about that. Hope your dog gets better soon, and everything else goes well.

5. Senor Mexicano

Senor Mexicano Allied Historian

Credits:
    ¢24.00
    First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a great and safe Thanksgiving. I'll be celebrating with my entire family as I have been doing for longer than a decade.

Anyways, I'd like to hear some more news on the status of 1.6 servers soon. Understandably, the CSGO servers aren't going so well and AG no longer has the same people who used to manage the 1.6 mods, but I'd really just like to see some news on the servers. Even if it's news that custom 1.6 servers are permanently gone. (Though I hope the least for this)

Some people may say just to play GMod TTT/JB or CSGO TTT/JB, but it just isn't the same. The community is radically different and the servers differs greatly in content to the original servers.

I hope to see some news on this matter soon and again...
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

6. Farid

Farid The devil was once an angel. Artist Donor

Credits:
    ¢18.50
    Christmas 2016Youtube Video in SignatureThanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    Happy thanksgiving, don't get too high or drunk!

7. Paulingo

Paulingo There is always a beginning to greatness. Retired: DCRP Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢70.40
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)Username Style (Underline)Christmas 20162 Signature Images
    @~Ellie~ My heart goes out to your pup!

This is a great post The Game, I don't usually celebrate Thanksgiving but in the toughest of times my family decided to get together and solve many issues. Warms my heart.

8. QuitTrying

QuitTrying Stand up for others who need it Staff Member Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢675.34
    Custom Title ChangeYoutube Video in SignatureChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    Happy Thanksgiving! Dont get to drunk or fucked up. Have fun with ur family and friends!

9. King Ross

King Ross Grammar makes everything for some. Retired: DCRP Retired: CSGO TTT Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢2,147.00
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Underline)Christmas 2016Username Style (Italic)Youtube Video in Signature
    Happy Thanksgiving

10. JavoTechnic

JavoTechnic I'm not depressed it's just my voice.

Credits:
    ¢253.00
    Thanksgiving 2016
    Happy Thanksgiving to all. I know I'm hard on a lot of people, but I'm happy and overjoyed that we have such amazing people on the staff. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and make sure to bundle up its cold out.

11. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog The Weak Should Fear The Strong Retired: CSGO TTT

Credits:
    ¢248.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)Username Style (Underline)
    It was 90 today

12. JavoTechnic

JavoTechnic I'm not depressed it's just my voice.

Credits:
    ¢253.00
    Thanksgiving 2016
    Well while you guys were enjoying your 90 degree weather and fighting over the last bottle of water, I was enjoying 40 degree weather ;-;

13. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog The Weak Should Fear The Strong Retired: CSGO TTT

Credits:
    ¢248.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)Username Style (Underline)
    You know me so well

14. P2

P2 Noob Staff Member Co-Owner

Credits:
    ¢172.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    A bit late but i hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

The thing is we don't have the files for 1.6 JB and TTT and even if we did have them we wouldn't be able to use it as the code was IP locked to the IP of the old servers. I asked Blake for them when he appeared a couple months ago but it seemed like he was trying to avoid it and asked why we just didn't make our own JB since the players didn't like his version. Baws supposedly has them but wants a ridiculous amount of money for them so that's out of the question.

We could invest into making the servers again by paying a developer, which wouldn't be cheap considering how custom the servers were. Looking at the situation objectively it would be hard to get any sort of return with no guarantee of playerbase.

That's the gist of it basically, we need new people to bring back 1.6 to AG but the fact of the matter is that Steam-Only custom servers are dying and have been dying for a while. It's difficult to find one if any at all. Now to answer your question if we will ever have 1.6 custom servers again, probably not considering the situation. I would love to have them back and i would be active myself but we don't have anyone to lead them nor do we have the files.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  15. Dr Jerry

Dr Jerry ♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ Staff Member Server High Admin Server Admin Retired: Jailbreak #CS

Credits:
    ¢154.00
    Lol but we loved his version.

I'm all for bringing back 1.6 but it sounds like getting it back would require a lot of work for little in return. It's sad but the truth hurts. :(