1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. LADIES N' GENTLEMEN OUR LONG AWAITED DONATION SYSTEM HAS FINALLY BEEN UPGRADED - CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Serious Discussion Let's talk

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by HoboFromtheFuture, Feb 12, 2018.

1. HoboFromtheFuture

HoboFromtheFuture I'm a Hobo

Credits:
    ¢103.98
    Username Style (Italic)Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    During these past few months, I've noticed there is a lot of hate towards one another in this community. Whether it be arguing in the Shoutbox, telling each other to go and die. Telling each other that they are a waste of space, or people arguing on other's post's and subsequently getting it locked. I hate to see this happen. We need to change our attitudes towards each other and stop with all this hate, or we will be left with a community full of people who fight constantly (which, we are very close to being).

We need to take action towards this and put a stop to it. We should either
    temporarily suspend access to the forums from those who which are causing the problems (possibly including me), or we can just stop talking to those who anger us. As talking to them may be fuel to start the next argument. Telling each other that "you are a waste of space", or that "nobody here likes you" does not accomplish anything positive nor does it make any of this easier.

I have been thinking about making a thread similar to this for a long time, but I wasn't sure when to do it, up until today. Today told me that this communities members need to change for the
    better or it will just fall apart. I'm not going to name names, but it is pretty obvious who and what needs to change. This a serious post and I don't want any hate or arguing on this thread, please. I just want to resolve this issue.

2. [Prototype]

[Prototype] Add me on Overwatch Prototype#11219 Server Head Admin

Credits:
    ¢136.00
    2 Signature Images
    I mean, it's <7 people doing it usually, so it's not like the world is ending. That being said though yeah it kinda sucks that this is happening, but this will happen in any community. If you put a bunch of teenage and 20 something year old dudes together, not all of them will get along. There's nothing really to do about it other than mute the people who do it constantly.

3. Subsy

Subsy Hi Retired

Credits:
    ¢92.40
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Underline)
    Neutral, I understand what you're talking about but roughly 95% of the time it's a joke and means absolutely nothing. If someone is blatantly disrespecting someone and harasses them and such the user being disrespected/harassed/etc. could go on the person's profile and click "report" to notify forum staff regarding the issue. I do agree that joking around disrespecting others shouldn't be tolerated and it often isn't. I recently saw Dady's thread "How age is nothing" that people were flaming him and ultimately treating the thread into a spam post.

JackSB: "Cool, want a cookie or something?"

Freak: "Stamp or sticker"

Richard: "Ummm ok? I’m really not sure the point in this post other than to sorta brag that you were young and got a high position in the community? I’m not trying to start a flame or don’t mean any disrespect by my comment. It’s just I legitimately am not sure of the point in this post."

SnoopDoge: "If she 11 I'm 11 age is nothing"

Quit: "You give me autism, You know that? Something about you just makes me just flip out and twitch and turn full blown no chromosomes. Got an idea?"

Esbelto:
    "Hey guys, an irrelevant fuck here wanting to spout that my pee pee still hasn't grown past two inches yet, fuck you all cause me getting staff ever was a mistake, I'm gonna go be a pain in another community's side!

Cya kiddos.

Ya, cya fucktard."

Etc.

The thread was completely unneeded and everyone understand that, but people ranging from member to developer to forum staff also posting irrelevant things on this thread. @Mr. Richard Cranium , if you initially weren't sure the point of the post, you could've/should've done something with the thread instead of waiting roughly 16 hours to lock it. @SnoopDoge , you often post stupid things, and as a forum staff you should be staying away from posting these kinds of things. @Esbelto , you're just mocking the kid and disrespecting him. The thing that annoys me about this thread is that I even posted "@ForumStaff Should just lock it so people don't flame/post other unnecessary things," only 2 hours after the thread was created. You guys even knew that he is "12 years old" and you guys still flamed him and shit, he likes bragging, ignore it and move on. Also, from what I said earlier, "disrespecting others shouldn't be tolerated and it often isn't," this is a situation that all this disrespect shouldn't have been tolerated. Anyways, thank you @Mr. Richard Cranium for at least locking the thread in the end, I just think it could've been locked long before. I wouldn't suspend anyone for any amount of time in that thread, I'd just warn them and they'd get the point. (Don't edit my post to remove names, either remove the post or leave it, thanks)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  4. HoboFromtheFuture

Credits:
    ¢103.98
    This is almost on par with what I am trying to say. I obviously know that this issue isn't going to last forever, but if we take initiative, we can solve the issue faster and more efficiently.

5. Mr. Richard Cranium

Mr. Richard Cranium Yes, I'm a dickhead. Staff Member Forum Admin Donor

Credits:
    ¢1,275.00
    PigeonPigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Underline)Christmas 2016
    So you want to attemp to call me out? Let me tell you something... why would I lock a thread whenever there may have been a point I was missing? Just because I didn’t understand his point it doesn’t mean I should lock it. If I did that then “some” people would accuse me of being a “Nazi”. I guess some people are just going to complain regardless of what is done.

Sorry but this comment really hit a nerve with me.

6. Subsy

Subsy Hi Retired

Credits:
    ¢92.40
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Underline)
    https://gyazo.com/c3bcf65a640862566cc342e69f487f72
    I think that it was somewhat obvious that this thread wasn't going to go anywhere and it was going to provoke people to express themselves through disrespecting the poster. Richard, you should know this better than anyone, if you make a mistake you learn from it and try to avoid it from happening again, even if it's a small mistake like this one. You're a good admin, Richard, and at first I wasn't going to "call you out," but just like any other argument, I needed examples to prove my case. Of course I could've told you privately that what you did could've been done better but I know that you'll be able to prove yourself as a better Forum Admin and do better in other aspects rather than just the thing I called you out for. <3

7. sawilson

sawilson Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢204.00
    +1. We should have a filter system in which where certain phrases said in shoutbox and forum posts are removed or blocked.

8. GoobNitro

GoobNitro Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner Donor

Credits:
    ¢725.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubThanksgiving 2016Username Style (Underline)2 Signature ImagesYoutube Video in Signature
    There is a filter system put into place already it just doesnt have that many phrases or words added to it. Perhaps making a suggestion post with things to filter out or remove from shoutbox/threads could be useful?

9. GoobNitro

GoobNitro Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner Donor

Credits:
    ¢725.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubThanksgiving 2016Username Style (Underline)2 Signature ImagesYoutube Video in Signature
    Once the new forums is out and running on the new software we will be making a shit ton of changes regarding AG, TS3, Servers, Staff, Forums, Rules.

There will be a general meeting planned and announced prior to the release of the new forums to inform everyone of these upcoming changes.

One of the things brought up will be regarding forum rules

10. HoboFromtheFuture

Credits:
    ¢103.98
    This won't work because people will always find a way around it like replacing a letter with a number or misspelling it or adding extra letters. Besides, that's what forum staff is for.

11. HoboFromtheFuture

Credits:
    ¢103.98
    I'm glad this is gonna happen. Good man

12. sawilson

sawilson Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢204.00
    Duck me I make the suggestion then I read this. Ughhhhhh

13. Mr. Richard Cranium

Credits:
    ¢1,275.00
    I'm absolutely 100% not afraid to admit when I DO make mistakes and am by no means saying I'm perfect... but in this case, I actually was not sure. Call me stupid, call me what you want, idgaf. 'But again- at that point in time, there was no need to lock the thread. However I see the general point you were attempting to make.

14. Steedzz

Steedzz Server Admin: DC Multiverse RP Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢10.00
    Username Style (Underline)Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    Looking forward to it!

15. Sky

Sky Worst AG Staff Member Server Admin Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢168.00
    Username Style (Underline)PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    Hope it won't take 60-90 days.

16. Fred

Fred Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢150.00
    just curious what decides when u lock a thread because it was obvious that people would create a shit storm over that

17. Steedzz

Steedzz Server Admin: DC Multiverse RP Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢10.00
    Username Style (Underline)Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    ^^^

18. Mr. Richard Cranium

Credits:
    ¢1,275.00
    There is no set in stone rule as to when a thread is locked or not. It is at the discretion of the forum staff and their judgement.

19. [Prototype]

[Prototype] Add me on Overwatch Prototype#11219 Server Head Admin

Credits:
    ¢136.00
    2 Signature Images
    Lol, bringing back that meme, eh?

20. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog Remember, No Russian Retired

Credits:
    ¢154.00
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Bold)
    is this just a website upgrade, or are ranks and the basics being reworked?