Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Serious Discussion Net Neutrality...

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Brontes, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:12 AM.

Will you help in the fight to keep net neutrality?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Brontes

Brontes Throbbing Blood Tubes Forum Moderator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢232.00
    Youtube Video in SignaturePigeonUsername Style (Underline)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    Well, not to alarm anyone, but the internet as we know it could be screwed over for good if Congress passes an act that will basically kill net neutrality.

What the hell is net neutrality anyway?
    Welp, net neutrality pretty much prevents ISPs (Internet Service Providers) to censor, throttle, or control what we see on the internet. Think of it as being run by a tyrannical (abusive) government that is completely unfair, but online instead of in the real world. Net neutrality also prevents "slow lanes" and "fast lanes" which people would have to buy fast lanes to gain higher speeds while accessing websites, while others would be stuck in "slow lanes"

Side One: Team Internet
    This side is the good guys, we support net neutrality and we speak for freedom of speech on the internet. People on Team Internet range from YouTubers, gamers, politicians, comedians, and everyday internet users that just want to browse the web freely. These people support net neutrality, because without it, their careers, or even possibly their entire lives could be destroyed if net neutrality gets smashed.

Side Two: Team Cable

These are the ISPs that want to control our lives on the internet, aka the bad guys. They range from AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast. They want Congress and the FCC (Federal Communications Commissions) to smash net neutrality. Why do they want this? So they can make us pay millions to get out of the "slow lane" and restrict our viewing habits on the internet. They're trying to take over the internet, and by doing so they will crush small startups that can't afford to pay the bills.

How Can YOU Prevent This?
    Well, you can go to the site linked below to call Congress, or even send a message to them on why net neutrality should be kept. They will be voting on this act on the 14 of December, roughly 7 days from now. You can do everything from participating in a local protest, call Congress, or even write them an email/letter. If you are loving of a free and unrestricted internet, I highly encourage you to do everything in your power to stop and prevent all of this crap from happening. @GoobNitro @P2 @Jacob , if you guys would like there is a GitHub that will bring you to some code that will make a pop up appear that will tell you to call and stop net neutrality from being destroyed.

Site if interested:

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Thank you all for reading and have a great day/night/afternoon :)

2. SnoopDoge

SnoopDoge 420 Blaze It Staff Member Forum Moderator Server Head Admin Server High Admin Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢122.00
  3. ✪Pingu

✪Pingu Pagani Automobili Server High Admin

Credits:
    ¢254.00
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    what sucks is that I have a feeling that they will side with the ISP's because I'm sure they have bribed some of, if not most of, the Congress members. While it may be illegal, I think everyone can agree that regardless of what party the Congress consists of at any given moment, it is, and has been, on the decline for a while now.

The last piece of major legislation that was actually passed was Obama's economy tax injection bill thingy that gave the economy a few billion or trillion dollars (forgot the name), and that happened years ago.

Also, we must remember that should it get passed it isn't permanent. It can always be repealed later on. But how long it might take to possibly be repealed is anyone's guess at this point.

It's too early for politics so I'll leave it at that.

4. ~Ellie~

~Ellie~ Queen Bitch Staff Member Server Manager Server Admin Server Operator

Credits:
    ¢696.00
    PigeonChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    #OrEngland.

Seriously though I hope it all works out. I've watched a few info videos on it and uhh..

5. Sky

Sky Worst AG Staff Member Server Admin Server Admin Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢40.00
    Username Style (Underline)PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    Reminds me of the 1800s, guess things really don't change.

6. [Prototype]

[Prototype] Add me on Overwatch Prototype#11219

Credits:
    ¢90.00
    2 Signature Images
    Lmao what, I know you don't mean it but it sounds like you're saying you lived during the 1800s.

There's pretty much nothing we can do at this point, they're going to vote to end it. Enjoy it while it lasts my man

7. Crow 1607

Crow 1607 Server Admin: GMOD TTT #2 Server Admin Server Operator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢135.00
    PigeonPigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)
    #AlreadyCanadian

8. Sky

Sky Worst AG Staff Member Server Admin Server Admin Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢40.00
    Username Style (Underline)PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    Meant with what happened in the government at the time, like how businesses basically controlled the government. Terribly worded from my part.

9. HoboFromtheFuture

HoboFromtheFuture I'm a Hobo Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢179.00
    Username Style (Italic)Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this happens, can't we just use a VPN?

10. Mints

Mints Server Operator: TTT2 Server Operator

Credits:
    ¢90.00
    #MoveToFrance
    Hope you Americans survive even if you do make jokes on us

11. Sky

Credits:
    ¢40.00
    No we don't surrender.

Mints likes this.
  12. Bot

Bot Shit happens, can't blame em. . .

Credits:
    ¢174.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeonUsername Style (Bold)Username Style (Bold)
    #MoveToNorthKorea, Free internet everywhere but you can only use 15 websites..

13. ✪Pingu

✪Pingu Pagani Automobili Server High Admin

Credits:
    ¢254.00
    Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    Yea enjoy your 2 hours on the internet before they sentence you to another few days straight in the salt mines

14. Bot

Bot Shit happens, can't blame em. . .

Credits:
    ¢174.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeonUsername Style (Bold)Username Style (Bold)
    Exactly, who wouldn't love being put into a labor camp then being put into court with no lawyer and then getting the death penalty just for accessing their internet?!

Seems better imo

15. Mr. Flenagan

Mr. Flenagan Server High Admin Server High Admin

Credits:
    ¢42.00
    Username Style (Italic)
    I'd be funny if riots started if the act/bill is passed.

16. Brontes

Brontes Throbbing Blood Tubes Forum Moderator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢232.00
    Youtube Video in SignaturePigeonUsername Style (Underline)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    People are attending protests, wouldn't be surprised if riots actually happen

17. SoBe

SoBe CS:GO TTT Staff and Known Pedobear Staff Member Retired Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢334.00
    PigeonPigeonJacob's Penguin ClubPigeonPigeon
    No.

18. Farid

Farid The devil was once an angel. Artist

Credits:
    ¢152.50
    Christmas 2016Youtube Video in SignatureThanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    Might as well learn how to make your own ISP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯