1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. LADIES N' GENTLEMEN OUR LONG AWAITED DONATION SYSTEM HAS FINALLY BEEN UPGRADED - CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Suggestion Re Add CSGO Servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kimo, Jan 2, 2018.

1. kimo

kimo Legend.

Credits:
    ¢1,032.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    Hello everyone, I am sure many of you do not know me as this community is primarily GMOD now.
    I really liked the old CSGO Servers (TTT, Retakes and hell even JB). But a little bit ago (not sure how long) they were shut down due to inactivity and lack of support from the playerbase. I believe that they could be revived. If you look at all the common servers from other communities they (90%) have something in
    common.

First, !ws. I know many of you are not fond of this command but the most common searches on the CSGO Community server filter is WS and DM. I think a DM server where people could warm up and having little events that DO NOT affect gameplay (like leaderboards) could bring a server up.

Then for !ws, there are private plugins out there that cannot be detected but whenever a csgo_dev wanders the community servers you can simply get another steam server code (or whatever it is called) from a community member. There are many out there that wouldn't mind.

Second, adding more.
    Getting players is one thing but keeping them is another. When we had CSGO TTT what I remember is lack of support from certain server manager(s) and not adding anything or not playing the server at all. Events is not a fix. It will keep the players on for an hour then they are gone. You HAVE to have events that are tightly correlated to the server with said event.

Then I want to talk about maps in our old CSGO servers (TTT Mainly, not sure about JB.)
    There should be maps sure, but constantly adding maps doesn't make the player base rise. (On a consistent basis.) Think about it, would you still play (insert literally any indie game ever) if all they did was add more maps? No. That leads me to my next point,

Boredom. The reason TTT died out is because I and everyone got bored. (except for subsy like wtf).
    It needs a grind aspect, a reason to play. I suggested this a while back but didn't really get considered.
    Every single game that you grind many hours into has a few things

1. A lengthy progression system
    Examples may be Destiny (not 2), Many COD games, Counter strike. People like to see improvement, numbers go up. I think an EXP bar could be the least we could do. Maybe when you get a kill you get a certain amount of EXP. XP displays as an In-Game tag, every milestone you get a reward.
    LVL 100 - You get a server based item. You only get this item from getting LVL 100 on a certain server. Maybe its vanity, IDK what it is thats up to the people who may implement this.
    It could be just name tags but a progression system could really help.

2. Consistent Updates // An easily way for community feedback.
    Back in the day (lol a year ago) you had to get into Teamspeak and ask the SM or head admin to add something and they may think about it. I think having a dev or two that are willing to add things and have a forum section dedicated for suggestions THAT GET READ.

3. Willing to try new things/even old things.
    There are new execute servers that (not named community) runs. I looked into it and the code is private. But they should be releasing it within 3-4 weeks. The servers during good parts of the day have max slots filled and like 50 people waiting to join. They have backed from pro players (liquid twistzz, other female pros and many other public figures JASONR etc list goes on.) A few other servers that I enjoy that there aren't ,many servers for (Combat Surf, SCOUTZKNIVES ((I know there is the valve mode but still.)) Community competitive, Jailbreak. More.)

TL;DR add a few things that we haven't had that many popular servers have that could boost and help create new CSGO servers.

I really hope someone high up can consider these ideas. You can find me on steam at
    steamcommunity.com/id/kimo0
    And my AG Profile (not checked much.)

2. Mr. Flenagan

Mr. Flenagan zd fcxgvbjkl Server High Admin

Credits:
    ¢24.00
    Username Style (Italic)
    Though It'd potentially be a risky move, because of all the competition a dm server would be pretty fun.

3. QuitTrying

QuitTrying Stand up for others who need it Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢318.34
    Custom Title ChangeYoutube Video in SignatureChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    A DM Server would be good, TTT Was good when staff and people played on it daily, And BHop was available to be purchased, it gave them something to grind towards. CSGO Is fun if people grind towards the same mission/work together.

4. kimo

kimo Legend.

Credits:
    ¢1,032.00
    How would it be risky?

5. RandomGamer

RandomGamer Allied Member Staff Member

Credits:
    ¢158.10
    Youtube Video in SignatureUsername Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    Considering you have to pay for servers and if it dies the owners are wasting money.

6. kimo

kimo Legend.

Credits:
    ¢1,032.00
    A DM Server. More popular then anything. In fact, having servers in general is risky so that point has no real place.

7. SnoopDoge

SnoopDoge 420 Blaze It Staff Member Forum Moderator Server Head Admin Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢178.00
    Dead game dead playerbase -1

8. Steedzz

Steedzz Server Admin: DC Multiverse RP Server Admin

Credits:
    ¢176.00
    Jacob's Penguin ClubPigeon
    Sorry -1 - Too much competition and if it doesn't go to plan it would result in a loss of finance, so other ideas can't be perused.

9. Subsy

Subsy Hi Retired

Credits:
    ¢260.40
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Underline)
    Although DM is fun, people often leave once they feel ready to comp.

10. Sky

Sky Worst AG Staff Member Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢92.00
    Username Style (Underline)PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    Subsy offered to be head admin for CSGO TTT again though.

11. kimo

kimo Legend.

Credits:
    ¢1,032.00
    Dead game are you kidding me? Just because you don't play it doesn't mean it's dead. It's the second most played game on steam not including Chinese players.

12. Brontes

Brontes Throbbing Blood Tubes Forum Moderator Server Operator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢226.00
    Youtube Video in SignaturePigeonUsername Style (Underline)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    Also holy shit you're alive

13. Subsy

Subsy Hi Retired

Credits:
    ¢260.40
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)Username Style (Underline)
    If you're talking about CSGO just remember that you were the one that volunteered to do nothing.

14. SnoopDoge

SnoopDoge 420 Blaze It Staff Member Forum Moderator Server Head Admin Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢178.00
    It's a dead game, I volunteered nothing by the way I was offered :)

15. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog Remember, No Russian Retired

Credits:
    ¢140.00
    PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Bold)
    What I would do to go back to the state of csgo ttt when I was staff, god damn a man can wish .

It died because it was milked for money, such decisions killed it, looking back it kind of angers me such decisions went through

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  16. Jacob

Jacob Life ain't shit but a fat vagina. - Kendrick Lamar Staff Member Root Donor

Credits:
    ¢675.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016PigeonJacob's Penguin Club
    It died out long before I came back and added the new !ws mate (Which was literally an attempt to get new players and more donations because CS:GO wasn't bringing in anything and was on the verge of being shut down - didn't work), the server is only as good as the staff team, and when the entire staff team - including higher ups - doesn't come on the server, no one's going to play.

17. kimo

kimo Legend.

Credits:
    ¢1,032.00
    I feel like for TTT it can all root back to the most popular time of the server the Pre Shop change. When people farmed for Bhops. Yes, people just gave away creds but if you changed it so it was twice as hard to get and you could limit how many creds you could give it would be great.

18. QuitTrying

Credits:
    ¢318.34
    Custom Title ChangeYoutube Video in SignatureChristmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    If we had old TTT Staff and was able to grind for shop stuff such as bhop everything. If Chinky, Kimo, King, Sonicc, Gaming, and myself were all staff ttt would be good, we all had fun with eachother, But since bhop wasent available to be bought people stopped grinding.

19. RandomGamer

RandomGamer Allied Member Staff Member

Credits:
    ¢158.10
    Youtube Video in SignatureUsername Style (Bold)Username Style (Italic)
    Thinking high about yourself? ;^). Anyway -1, even though I loved the CSGO Servers (jb and ttt) the playerbase doesn't really commit to custom servers.

20. QuitTrying

Credits:
    ¢318.34
    Im not thinking high about myself, Im speaking facts. When we were all staff csgo ttt was at its peek.