Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Unsolved Ryzen vs Intel

Discussion in 'F1 Squad' started by Farid, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Farid

Farid The devil was once an angel. Artist Donor

Credits:
    ¢116.50
    Christmas 2016Youtube Video in SignatureThanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    So I'm about to build another gaming pc soon, from what I heard from friends, their experience with AMD was bad. Two of my friends even got their cpu burnt into the motherboard. I have had no AMD in past. It's not about stock cooler or cooler like that it's about the performance and the price.

2. kimo

kimo Legend. Staff Member VIP+

Credits:
    ¢1,010.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    My brother does computer engineering and builds PC's and such or fixes them. He always gets Ryzen CPU's burning and such. It's cool but intel is much more trust worthy. I would say like an i5 kabylake or something

3. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

Credits:
    ¢249.00
    Youtube Video in SignatureUsername Style (Bold)
    @Farid @kimo

Intel is fucking up right now on their HEDT Market to be honest I see Ryzen being the best bet especially with Ryzen 9 (Thread Ripper) hitting the market, I haven't had any problems with CPU's burning and I haven't; but I can, overclock my FX-8350 to 4.5 on air cooling. Not saying Intel is bad, but they are blatantly fucking us in the ass. X299 (the newer intel CPUs Chipsets) is rumored to paywall for raid, they took an 8 Core SKU from last Architecture and chopped off all its PCIe Lane just to fuck us more and their prices are so over the top you are just paying for "Brand". Ryzen 7 is looking at 40 PCIe lanes more cores, with overclocking room, and a much lower price, although we don't know everything about Ryzen 9 (thread Ripper) we are looking at 64 PCIe Lanes, 10-16 core SKUs with GREAT BASE CLOCKS and BOOSTS for that amount of cores (we don't have prices yet) and will probably be way less than anything Intel can bring to the table.

This is all coming from someone that was wanting to switch to Intel about 6 months ago. I am not a fan boy; nor, will I be but based on right now Intel was caught with their pants down.

I would love to discuss more with you guys in Teamspeak 3 this is my love talking about computers with competent people.

P.S. With a smaller budget AMD is where the bang for the buck is. Might want to go on the wait and see approach since the waters need to be felt out for maybe another year to see how this all plays out.

On another note this would be a good time to start investing in these companies, since neither with go outta buinsess and there is a lot of money to be made on these market swings. I wish I had AMD stock about 1.5 years ago, they rose 600% when ryzen launched.

4. Farid

Credits:
    ¢116.50
    What about graphics card? RX 540 or NVIDIA?

5. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

Credits:
    ¢249.00
    I am switching to Nvidia soon, just because I need to get new graphics and the 1080ti is the best there is for the price as of this year, but with vega coming around the corner that is going to be a wait and see architecture, it could be a titan killer who knows, but I need new graphics and one of my games prefers Nvidia over AMD so I am switching to Nvidia.

Side note, Bitcoin miners are gobbling up all the RX 500 series Graphics so it might be a while till you can get your hands on one.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  6. kimo

kimo Legend. Staff Member VIP+

Credits:
    ¢1,010.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Username Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    amd white night here boys

7. Farid

Credits:
    ¢116.50
    What do you think about this list?

I might switch the motherboard.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F6LrBP

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  8. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

Credits:
    ¢249.00
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xtv83F

Here is my update to your list:
    Added SSD because they are so cheap and why not (also boot times speeds up so much I went from 3 min boot times to 30 second boot times). If you really wanted to spend the money you could go with a NVMe SSD which is much faster
    70$ and you can double that SSD size.
    What you do is put your OS and most used programs (browser, steam, etc.) on the SSD most games should go on the HDD you should have some room on the SSD for 1 or 2 games, but you can always get another SSD just for programs. Keep in mind writes slowly break SSDs so you want to mainly use them for Reads and not writes. like for instance I have Rocket League on my SSD because it reads more than it writes where CSGO I have on my HDD because of all the community maps and materials, GTA5 is on my SSD it also reads more than it writes.

I currently have 2 SSDs 1-120 GB for OS and most used programs and 1-480 GB for all my games and other programs, its only has 100 GB left I should upgrade to a TB when I can and then I have the 1 TB HDD for everything else "data"

NEVER go cheap on power. 1.) you want good clean power going to your components and 2.) you want efficiency 80+ Bronze gets about 80% efficiency under full load 80+ Titanium get 95% and much cleaner power.

Side note. I threw this together for my church one day, they never got nor did I to much design and research on the products I threw in here but look that that price tag and the raw core performance. 1TB NVMe SSD they Graphics could have been better but they aren't gaming so throw on a better Graphics card down the road and you got yourseld a very nice gaming RIG! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LhwKbj

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  9. HamAC_01

HamAC_01 Allied Member

Credits:
    ¢182.00
  10. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

Credits:
    ¢249.00
    @Farid you are rich and have no budget right? Yeah just do this guys suggestion dude, he has the best suggestions.

11. Sky

Sky Casual cringey 14 year old boy Server Admin Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢184.00
    Username Style (Underline)PigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)Username Style (Bold)
    3 years ago my Intel CPU based computer completely got fried and shut down. So I really don't have the trust in intel anymore.

12. Farid

Credits:
    ¢116.50
    I've decided what to build!

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3
    RAM: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
    Storage: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB
    SSD: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    VIdeo Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X Video Card
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair - CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

@DigidyDOG

13. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

Credits:
    ¢249.00
    If you have the money just get 10 Pro, because why not, also if you already have windows 10 from your free upgrade just tie it to your Microsoft account and then you can save money on the OS and maybe get a 1070 instead.

Looks good to me, I would say that is a great entry level current gen system, will run all non-beta/alpha games at 30+ FPS most with 60+ FPS in 1080p no problem! You will easily get 150+ in CSGO and Rocket League.

Just remember when you get it move your "User" Folders to the HDD (i.e. Music, Videos, Documents, Pictures, DESKTOP! [or don't put shit on your desktop except shortcuts]) and put your OS in Compact Mode, this will make all OS read only files compressed to save room.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Farid likes this.
  14. Crow 1607

Crow 1607 Server Admin: GMOD TTT #2 Server Admin Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢93.00
    PigeonPigeonJacob's Penguin ClubUsername Style (Italic)
    How much does it cost to build lmao