Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Bug / Glitch Server becomes unplayable when approaching 32 players.

Discussion in '[AG] Trouble in Terrorist Town' started by Nagato, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Nagato

Nagato I break things, then fix them.

Credits:
    ¢170.00
    There's a huge issue with the TTT server where no one can play it because it starts to lag out at around 20 players, even though it's a 32 slot server. Sometimes lag even happens randomly.

DoubleCaret has reported this issue many times in private messages and the "owners" haven't really done anything notable.

So I am posting it here so that it gets more attention.

MooMooTree13 and s4mple like this.
  2. Bunyip

Bunyip Hi, I'm not that new. Staff Member CSGO Division Manager Forum Moderator Teamspeak Staff Donor

Credits:
    ¢1,395.00
    Christmas 2016
    The second image in your signature triggers me.

Brontes and SoBe like this.
  3. Nagato

Credits:
    ¢170.00
    Thanks for the bump, this issue really needs to be fixed ASAP. We lose so many players and potential community members because the server turns into a slideshow. It's really dumb.

s4mple and Ari like this.
  4. lazyboy900

lazyboy900 Hi, I'm new. Staff Member Server Manager Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢98.00
    it could be that the box is overloaded!

5. Survivor

Survivor Survivor Legend

Credits:
    ¢432.00
    Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016
    Change the damn tick rate, 22 will be fine, higher ping but with 33 right now it ends up doing it anyways, plus raping the server

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    lazyboy900 likes this.
  6. Jacob

Jacob Life ain't shit but a fat vagina. - Kendrick Lamar Staff Member Root Donor

Credits:
    ¢723.00
    Christmas 2016Thanksgiving 2016Halloween 2016PigeonJacob's Penguin Club

7. lazyboy900

lazyboy900 Hi, I'm new. Staff Member Server Manager Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Credits:
    ¢98.00

8. Nagato

Credits:
    ¢170.00
    DoubleCaret doesn't want to do that because in his words "it makes the server shit".

9. MooMooTree13

MooMooTree13 今日は HAVE A NICE DAY

Credits:
    ¢6.00
    -bump- I think there should be something done, the server gets unbearable lag, no one is below 200 ping when the server is closing in on full and it really deters people from playing on it.

Mr. Flenagan likes this.
  10. Esbelto

Esbelto GankSpankMeDaddy Retired

Credits:
    ¢150.00
    If you check your cpu usage you might find the answer, there's a reason a server I manage is 24 players set max when the box allows it to 32 players. Pay for a better box that allows per say 62 players and set the max set players to 34-42 players. You get a better cpu, more ram, and all around less laggy server. Waa la. Or in Blake wons wise words, just bad coding get better add-ons (too bad servers vanilla xd). But the 1st answer is more logical, If you don't wanna upgrade the box because of whatever reason just decrease player cap to 24 though it will help decrease lag as of now and make the server playable. I think you do it through nfo control panel. Don't change tick rate the players don't need to deal with that bullshit.

Also double karrot, super hot, whatever you call yourself on here again, add some add-ons to you're vanilla ass chicken mcnugget lookin looking ass server.

Hope this helps.

Edit:

Go to server usage and server health, Serb isage should have the bar graph and tell you when maximum cpu Is being used and how many players there are in the server when it happens. Server health tells you the specs inside of the box and whays being dedicated to you.

http://imgur.com/uUxppTp
    http://imgur.com/lghsgYt

This is my server, at 24 people with a ton of add-ons my server almost max's the cpu, good thing i also have 1.8 gbs of ram dedicated to the server or my server might go over 100 to the 250 ping range for people. As you can see in the other screens I have the server set to high priority, and a decent amount of memory and cup for the server. My best bet I your server has 512 mb ram with a lower spec cpu, as the servers vanilla the only things that should be spiking cpu is physics, player interactions, basically the bare minimum, but you're lagging once you hit 20 people I've heard. Server needs to have more specs dedicated to it or it will ultimately fail due to box not providing the bare minimum for the sm to operate with.

Am I bragging about my server? No.
    Am I advertising it? No.

Just here to help the B O I S.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017