Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

• Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
DigidyDOG

Should we get a NEW Surf timer?

The issue is since the update with Shattered Web (more like shattered community servers) it is obvious to me that our current timer has very slow support if not unsupported or only community supported support and updates. I want to give our community a good surfing experience and I want to look into finding better, more up to date, functional, and SUPPORTED timer that will survive the Sourcemod syntax overhaul in the distant future and will be updated quickly by the developers after LARGE csgo updates like the Shattered Web update.

As a community I would like some help finding a good alternative to Fluffy's Timer that we are currently using. Fluffy's Timer is GREAT one of the best but its age is showing and without a active developer supporting it, it will eventually cause a lot of downtime until its eventually updated or we abandon it completely with that said I was looking at this timer https://github.com/totles/z4lab-surftimer and it was updated very quickly after the shattered web update. I have not used this timer but I know you guys know timers better than I do, if we decide on a couple timers ill create a test server and begin testing and have open betas for you guys to test and give feedback after we get some feedback and get a decent timer.

I really need your opinions with this since I know you guys do care about what timer is used and what timers are good.

Thanks you guys I hope to discuss this issue in greater length below.

LOL sorry about the colors!