Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

• Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Subsy

Staff Suggestion

Everyone that applies for staff should begin with Trial-Mod for two weeks, then either be set to Moderator as an extension of Trial-Mod if they haven't fully shown their worth or be promoted straight to Admin (could create Trial-Admin but I don't think it's necessary), as Admin basically has only a few more commands than Moderator. If you don't trust someone to be Admin they don't seem to be fit enough for staff as it is. I could be wrong but that's just my take on it. 

Edited by Subsy
yes

6 hours ago, Subsy said:

Everyone that applies for staff should begin with Trial-Mod for two weeks, then either be set to Moderator as an extension of Trial-Mod if they haven't fully shown their worth or be promoted straight to Admin (could create Trial-Admin but I don't think it's necessary), as Admin basically has only a few more commands than Moderator. If you don't trust someone to be Admin they don't seem to be fit enough for staff as it is. I could be wrong but that's just my take on it. 

Just to clarify what I meant: They start with Trial-Mod for two weeks and go straight to Admin because without having banning powers and other Admin commands there are so many barriers for the staff member, which ultimately ends up with the Staff being forced to contact another staff member or higher up which is inconvenient to both parties. Going from Trial Mod to Admin indefinitely takes away these issues (ex: A55Monkey having to kick a mass rdmer multiple times as he is unable to ban). If the trial mod hasn't shown their worth quite yet, instead of promoting them to Admin simply promote them to Moderator or a Trial Admin rank as secondary options to allow further evaluating of the Staff member. 

Edited by Subsy
yes x2

53 minutes ago, Subsy said:

Just to clarify what I meant: They start with Trial-Mod for two weeks and go straight to Admin because without having banning powers and other Admin commands there are so many barriers for the staff member, which ultimately ends up with the Staff being forced to contact another staff member or higher up which is inconvenient to both parties. Going from Trial Mod to Admin indefinitely takes away these issues (ex: A55Monkey having to kick a mass rdmer multiple times as he is unable to ban). If the trial mod hasn't shown their worth quite yet, instead of promoting them to Admin simply promote them to Moderator or a Trial Admin rank as secondary options to allow further evaluating of the Staff member. 

I don’t think this should be ok for a bit or (yes it’s a little unfair but it will prob be affective) have people who have been staff in previous be admin (or at least be greatly more considered) especially since there’s only like 3 admins. 

yeah i feel like the gap between mod and admin is pretty unnecessary especially since you have trial mod and regular mod, with the difference only being a couple commands and banning perms mainly it should just be straight from trial to admin, the mod position should be more for situations such as an admin wanting to take up a lesser position because they cant play as much or just as an alternative to admin for trusted people that dont put a ton of hours in and dont want to make the full commitment for admin  

I’ve seen some servers give mods 30 minute ban powers just for the reason you gave subsy. That way it gives the admin or higher ups time to ban him instead of having  to rush and get on.

and vote ban perma too but that’s pretty pointless.

On 11/29/2019 at 3:43 PM, Subsy said:

image.png.5ef8833c0e1ba122133fdb725d8d1886.png