Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...



#0
Guest

User Menu


Sign In

Sign In



Or sign in with one of these services

Sign Up

Forum Menu


  • Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
thruman

Shoutbox Suggestions

Recommended Posts

Couple suggestions:

1. In the shout box have a feature where you can expand it so its bigger.
2. Have it to where you can change which way the chat is showing, Basically have the most recent stuff at the top.

3. Make where you type longer width wise so you can see more of what you are typing.


 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sneed 1
  • Dislike (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with what @thruman is saying we should get rid of the shoutbox entirely you know its just there always in the way and everyone is always shouting it it. Seems like people are always yelling at the top of the forums and the forums below it are always shaking since EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SHOUTING IN IT! *knocks broom on the padding below the shoutbox* 

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DigidyDOG said:

I agree with what @thruman is saying we should get rid of the shoutbox entirely you know its just there always in the way and everyone is always shouting it it. Seems like people are always yelling at the top of the forums and the forums below it are always shaking since EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SHOUTING IN IT! *knocks broom on the padding below the shoutbox* 

Hey Digidy, have you joined our Discord? That's what people would say about the #waifu-claims channel if people saw how often it was spammed.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, NaisA- said:

嘿Digidy,您加入了我們的Discord嗎?如果人們看到垃圾郵件發布頻率有多高,那就是人們會說的話。

bitch you know I can't speak weeb wtf man

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Quality Post (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DigidyDOG said:

bitch you know I can't speak weeb wtf man

I'll fuck you up at LAN. #LiveonForums

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, NaisA- said:

I'll fuck you up at LAN. #LiveonForums

no homo but can you knock me up instead!

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DigidyDOG said:

no homo but can you knock me up instead!

How did a Shoutbox suggestion get here.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, NaisA- said:

How did a Shoutbox suggestion get here.

The only thing I can think of is the shouting got so loud up there that a css fault line was breached.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post

LOL @DigidyDOG I wasn't saying to get rid of it. Just to make some improvements on it.

  • Sneed 1
  • Dislike (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yo thruman i agree man we need a better shoutbox plugin. Either that or Asian edits the current shouts to be way smaller.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, P2 said:

Yo thruman i agree man we need a better shoutbox plugin. Either that or Asian edits the current shouts to be way smaller.

Define smaller. 

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, thruman said:

LOL @DigidyDOG I wasn't saying to get rid of it. Just to make some improvements on it.

I agree the shoutbox needs improvements.

1 minute ago, P2 said:

Yo thruman i agree man we need a better shoutbox plugin. Either that or Asian edits the current shouts to be way smaller.

I think the biggest thing that needs to happen with shout box its make it a sidebox then make a really nice pop out version that way people that want to shout can shout and not get in the way of the flow of the forums.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, DigidyDOG said:

I agree the shoutbox needs improvements.

I think the biggest thing that needs to happen with shout box its make it a sidebox then make a really nice pop out version that way people that want to shout can shout and not get in the way of the flow of the forums.

No, I totally agree with you. I think it needs to be downsized so as not to get in the way. A group of us have been chatting back and forth with him on some ideas for the forums and such. We'll all come together on a common ground for it. Good looking forum, just a bit complex to navigate for some yanno?

  • Love (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think you need to put it on the side necessarily, just make the length and width of it a bit smaller.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NaisA- said:

Define smaller. 

 

More condensed. Like I think GG has a good sized shoutbox. There's a lot of "empty space" in/in between each shout that someone makes if that makes sense.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, thruman said:

 

More condensed. Like I think GG has a good sized shoutbox. There's a lot of "empty space" in/in between each shout that someone makes if that makes sense.

Sort of like how it is now?

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, thruman said:

 2. Have it to where you can change which way the chat is showing, Basically have the most recent stuff at the top.

I went ahead and reversed the behavior of the shoutbox (input box at the top, messages scrolled down), and it just doesn't seem right?

I'll leave it for now, if people start to dislike it I'll make a poll to see which way to keep it.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, that's a good start! I think we still can make some adjustments, but we can talk later. Also, there should be an option you can put on the chatbox itself that lets the user toggle what direction they want to read it in. So they can go back to how you had it before, or to how it is now.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, thruman said:

Yep, that's a good start! I think we still can make some adjustments, but we can talk later. Also, there should be an option you can put on the chatbox itself that lets the user toggle what direction they want to read it in. So they can go back to how you had it before, or to how it is now.

It's a global setting for all users, it's either at the top or bottom.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post

shoutbox big yes +rep

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, thruman said:

 

More condensed. Like I think GG has a good sized shoutbox. There's a lot of "empty space" in/in between each shout that someone makes if that makes sense.

Yea, getting rid of the padding on the bottom and top of the messages is a good way to start, perhaps making the profile picture icon smaller too. All i can see is 3 messages at once and then i need to scroll yesterday night when there was a lot of activity i wasn't able to keep up with the shouts lol.

  • Sneed 1

Share this post


Link to post

Alright I condensed the shoutbox and some sidebar elements. Also removed the slider, will probably make a home page with announcements or something.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Allied-Gaming is a multi-game gaming community established in 2012. We have hosted numerous community servers across multiple games including Counter-Strike, Minecraft, Garry's Mod, Rust, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Arma III. We're currently in the process of rebuilding the community. Stick with us while we do so.

Partners & Affiliates

Social Links

Steam Group Join Now
Discord Server Join Now
Teamspeak Server Join Now
×
×
  • Create New...