Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

• Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
thruman

Shoutbox Suggestions

Couple suggestions:

1. In the shout box have a feature where you can expand it so its bigger.
2. Have it to where you can change which way the chat is showing, Basically have the most recent stuff at the top.

3. Make where you type longer width wise so you can see more of what you are typing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sneed 1
  • Dislike (-1) 2

I agree with what @thruman is saying we should get rid of the shoutbox entirely you know its just there always in the way and everyone is always shouting it it. Seems like people are always yelling at the top of the forums and the forums below it are always shaking since EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SHOUTING IN IT! *knocks broom on the padding below the shoutbox* 

• Sneed 1

3 minutes ago, DigidyDOG said:

I agree with what @thruman is saying we should get rid of the shoutbox entirely you know its just there always in the way and everyone is always shouting it it. Seems like people are always yelling at the top of the forums and the forums below it are always shaking since EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SHOUTING IN IT! *knocks broom on the padding below the shoutbox* 

Hey Digidy, have you joined our Discord? That's what people would say about the #waifu-claims channel if people saw how often it was spammed.

• Sneed 1

3 minutes ago, NaisA- said:

嘿Digidy,您加入了我們的Discord嗎?如果人們看到垃圾郵件發布頻率有多高,那就是人們會說的話。

bitch you know I can't speak weeb wtf man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Quality Post (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

1 minute ago, DigidyDOG said:

bitch you know I can't speak weeb wtf man

I'll fuck you up at LAN. #LiveonForums

• Sneed 1

1 minute ago, NaisA- said:

I'll fuck you up at LAN. #LiveonForums

no homo but can you knock me up instead!

• Sneed 1

Just now, DigidyDOG said:

no homo but can you knock me up instead!

How did a Shoutbox suggestion get here.

• Sneed 1

4 minutes ago, NaisA- said:

How did a Shoutbox suggestion get here.

The only thing I can think of is the shouting got so loud up there that a css fault line was breached.

• Sneed 1

LOL @DigidyDOG I wasn't saying to get rid of it. Just to make some improvements on it.

• Sneed 1
  • Dislike (-1) 1

Yo thruman i agree man we need a better shoutbox plugin. Either that or Asian edits the current shouts to be way smaller.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

1 minute ago, P2 said:

Yo thruman i agree man we need a better shoutbox plugin. Either that or Asian edits the current shouts to be way smaller.

Define smaller. 

• Sneed 1

3 minutes ago, thruman said:

LOL @DigidyDOG I wasn't saying to get rid of it. Just to make some improvements on it.

I agree the shoutbox needs improvements.

1 minute ago, P2 said:

I think the biggest thing that needs to happen with shout box its make it a sidebox then make a really nice pop out version that way people that want to shout can shout and not get in the way of the flow of the forums.

• Sneed 1

6 minutes ago, DigidyDOG said:

I agree the shoutbox needs improvements.

I think the biggest thing that needs to happen with shout box its make it a sidebox then make a really nice pop out version that way people that want to shout can shout and not get in the way of the flow of the forums.

No, I totally agree with you. I think it needs to be downsized so as not to get in the way. A group of us have been chatting back and forth with him on some ideas for the forums and such. We'll all come together on a common ground for it. Good looking forum, just a bit complex to navigate for some yanno?

• Love (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

I don't think you need to put it on the side necessarily, just make the length and width of it a bit smaller.

• Sneed 1

2 hours ago, NaisA- said:

Define smaller. 

More condensed. Like I think GG has a good sized shoutbox. There's a lot of "empty space" in/in between each shout that someone makes if that makes sense.

• Sneed 1

36 minutes ago, thruman said:

More condensed. Like I think GG has a good sized shoutbox. There's a lot of "empty space" in/in between each shout that someone makes if that makes sense.

Sort of like how it is now?

• Sneed 1

4 hours ago, thruman said:

2. Have it to where you can change which way the chat is showing, Basically have the most recent stuff at the top.

I went ahead and reversed the behavior of the shoutbox (input box at the top, messages scrolled down), and it just doesn't seem right?

I'll leave it for now, if people start to dislike it I'll make a poll to see which way to keep it.

• Sneed 1

Yep, that's a good start! I think we still can make some adjustments, but we can talk later. Also, there should be an option you can put on the chatbox itself that lets the user toggle what direction they want to read it in. So they can go back to how you had it before, or to how it is now.

• Sneed 1

18 minutes ago, thruman said:

Yep, that's a good start! I think we still can make some adjustments, but we can talk later. Also, there should be an option you can put on the chatbox itself that lets the user toggle what direction they want to read it in. So they can go back to how you had it before, or to how it is now.

It's a global setting for all users, it's either at the top or bottom.

• Sneed 1

shoutbox big yes +rep

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sneed 1

10 hours ago, thruman said:

Yea, getting rid of the padding on the bottom and top of the messages is a good way to start, perhaps making the profile picture icon smaller too. All i can see is 3 messages at once and then i need to scroll yesterday night when there was a lot of activity i wasn't able to keep up with the shouts lol.

• Sneed 1

Alright I condensed the shoutbox and some sidebar elements. Also removed the slider, will probably make a home page with announcements or something.